Saturday, March 26, 2011

Season 3, Episode 4: What I Am

"At some point during surgical residency, most interns get a sense of who they are as doctors, and the kinds of surgeons they’re going to become. If you ask them, they’ll tell you, they’re going to be general surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons… Distinctions that do more than define their areas of expertise. They help define who they are. Because outside the operating room, not only do most surgeons have no idea who they are, they’re afraid to find out."

“Turns out, sometimes you have to do the wrong thing… sometimes you have to make a big mistake, to figure out how to make things right. Mistakes are painful… but they’re the only way to find out who you really are. I know who I am now. I know what I want. I’ve got the love of my life, a new heart, and I want you guys to get on the next plane out here and meet my girl. Everything’s gonna be different now. I promise. From here on out, nothing’s ever going to be the same. I love you. Bye.”

No comments:

Post a Comment